Wednesday 21 November 2012

WSN Design Contest 2012

Since starting the new Embedded Systems module in 2010, I have run a design contest on multi-hop communications in Wireless Sensor Networks. Every year, I see students organising themselves differently, partitioning the design tasks in different ways, and every year we had at least one team that manages to put together a protocol, deploy it on a number of motes, distributes them across the Computer Science building and gets them to propagate packets from the labs all the way to my office. All within a two-hours session! 

Below, the photo of the winning team of this year's contest (with motes and the chocolates they've got as winning prize).






And since I haven't posted anything about last year's contest, I include here the winning team's photo so that our winner's gallery is complete (winners from 2010 are here).


No comments:

Post a Comment